MEDIAWAVE FILM FORUM
Film industry conference during the 20th MEDIAWAVE International Film and Music Festival
Following up the conference of When East Meets West in January 2010, organized by FVG Film Commission, Regional Film Fund Győr invites national and regional film funds, producers, festivals and film industry representatives to MEDIAWAVE FILM FORUM.
The event will take place between 6-8 May 2010, in Szombathely, Hungary (Graz:125 km, Vienna:140 km, Maribor:180km).
The objective of the forum is the expansion of an already existing European network, in order that various film industry support systems existing in our countries become more transparent. At the event, participating organizations’ activities will be presented, which facilitates match-making between regional film industry actors, preparing co-productions and tapping into community funds.
During the event, networking will take place by means round table talks, presentations, case studies, and at MEDIAWAVE festival’s film programme.
Main topics of MEDIAWAVE Film Forum
1. Introduction of participating organizations
2. South East Europe film industry networking
- Coordination of industry meetings in the southeastern region
- Sustainable regional networking
- Facilitation of setting up regional film funds and cooperation
3. Opportunities of education in co-productions and film collaborations
- Exchanging experiences of non-formal trainings and workshops
- Methods and results of international film co-production education
4. Archives and film databases
- Connecting southeastern Europe’s regional film archives, databases
- Determining methods of cooperation
5. Presentation of award winners of the script competition of Regional Film Fund Győr
6. Open session and consultation of the Hungarian National Film Fund (MMKA)
For further information and questions with regard to registered participants and a detailed programme of the conference, please contact Marta Czibik (firstname.lastname@example.org, +36 20 995 0066).